"We don't need lists of rights and wrongs, tables of do's and don'ts: we need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever." [Philip Pullman]

Sunday 28 April 2013

An unforgettable April Fool’s Day: a very “hot” experience


Unfortunately I was born on the first of April and so far I have always been my classmates’ favourite victim of their pranks. But this year a dramatic change happened. As soon as I woke up at six the last first of April, I began to feel miserable thinking of the tricks waiting for me at school; so I  thought they didn’t deserve the birthday cake I was going to ice that morning but while I was melting the chocolate suddenly something clicked in my mind. I did what I had to do, got ready and went to school carrying the cake in a nice coloured box. Everything occurred as I had expected: three paper fish on my back, an avoided bucket of water, two boys trying to trip me over and my mates laughing like a drain. They couldn’t get why I kept smiling despite their pranks. Finally lunch time came and they all gathered around me waiting for their piece of chocolate cake. I handed it to them grinning at them from ear to ear. As soon as each of them swallowed the first spoonful of cake their faces got as red as cherry. Everybody started shouting and asking for water while I was laying on the floor laughing out of loud. The hottest red hot chilli pepper, my father had brought from Mexico, was working very well. 

1 comment: